“Megami Device” is a plastic model kit series combining Bishoujo-style beauties and heavy-duty weapons and armor. Each character has a main body, or “machinika,” designed by Masaki Apsy along with a huge array of interchangeable parts to outfit her as you like!
The latest character to join this series is WISM·Soldier SNIPE/GRAPPLE designed by the beloved Fumikane Shimada!
– This is a convertible model kit that includes 2 varieties of head parts to create different characters.
– 3 types of pre-painted face parts are included.
– Display in “Busou Mode” (Armed Mode) with mechanical armor or “Sotai Mode” (Unarmed Mode) without mechanical armors through the use of exchangeable parts.
– The base body can be articulated, allowing for more natural posing options (such as when posing with weapons or when sitting down).
– Set includes various weapon parts such as a rifle and Wild Hands in order to recreate various combat scenes.
– The Back Pack that includes a roll axis can be used for a large variety of customization.
– The item features holes with a diameter of 3mm and is compatible with previously released items from Kotobukiya’s M.S.G series, Frame Arms, and Frame Arms Girl series.
– Set includes 5 types of PVC hand parts (a total of 10 hands). The hand parts are compatible with previously released M.S.G series, Frame Arms, Frame Arms Girl series items.
– Set includes decals such as eyes and markings.
What is “Megami Device?”
Kotobukiya’s Megami Device series is a line of 14 cm (5½”) plastic model kits that come with a range of weapons and equipment that allow you to enjoy building and customizing your own Megami Device to use in robot battles. Each character has a main body, or “machinika,” designed by Masaki Apsy, while the models’ unique armor and mechanics are designed in collaboration with a variety of guest illustrators. The kits come with multi-colored parts and face parts pre-printed with tampography, making them easy to assemble with no paint required. The kits are equipped with 3mm joints, making them compatible with all of the weapons in the Megami Device line as well as Kotobukiya’s other plastic model kit series!
KOTOBUKIYA Company first began as a single toy store for dolls operated by Jusaburo Shimizu in 1947. In 1951, he re-created his sole proprietorship into a limited liability company, together with his two brothers.
While always continuing to focus on retail sales, KOTOBUKIYA first venture into original products as a model kit manufacturer began in 1983 with Armament, our first original model kit. This was followed in 1985 with King Godzilla, our very first licensed kit.
What really set apart KOTOBUKIYA from other model kit manufacturers was the acquisition of the model kit license for Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam THE-O mecha, the first time a company other than Bandai was able to release Gundam products!
Our first foray into the non-kit business was in May of 1989 with soft vinyl statues and the Active Styling Figures (today branded as ARTFX Statues). Since then, we have increased our lineup with fully assembled and painted resin statues (now known as KOTOBUKIYA Fine Art Statues), Action Figures, One Coin Mini Figures・nd more!
As a model kit manufacturer, we were always striving to further improve the material and detail and articulation of our kits. That level of commitment has continued throughout all product types that we have developed, and KOTOBUKIYA is renowned for our quality and dedication to craftsmanship.
In our retail stores, we hold annual sculpting and painting contests, which is judged by our in-house and other known sculptors and outside judges, including the editor-in-chief of Hobby Japan, the Japanese model magazine. The number of entries normally exceeds three hundred, with entrants from all over Japan. In fact, some of our in-house sculptors originated as entrants into the contest and other toy manufacturers have scouted many others!
Over the years, were attracted the attention of not only top artistic talents, but also the favor of publishers and licensors who wish to work with only the best the toy and collectible industry has to offer.
In October 2009, A highly capable USA team was formed to strengthen its marketing and product development capabilities for the US market. The team was named KOTOBUKIYA KREATIVE 3. K3’s members are well known as one of the most talented US sculptors and artists in the arena of collectible statues and toys.
Kotobukiya is a current manufacturer of licensed collectible products based on the following properties:
- Alien vs. Predator
- Anime Properties
- Dead or Alive
- Devil May Cry
- Indiana Jones
- Marvel Comics
- One Coin
- Pirates of the Carribbean
- Star Wars
- The Art of Shunya Yamashita