– GOVERNOR LIGHT ARMOR TYPE: ROSE, one of the first Governor models in the Hexa Gear series, is back in Ver. 1.5 which comes with a newly revamped head part and updated materials.
– Update 1: The head part now looks more realistic than the previous model; this model’s head is based on Early Governor Vol. 3. Accessories for the head have also been newly sculpted, and now also includes a fully enclosed combat helmet. A total of four different head designs can be assembled.
– Update 2: The head and upper body armor, which were previously made with PVC material, have been changed to PS material, making it easier to paint and modify. (The wrists will continue to be made of PVC.)
– Update 3: The weapon holding hand has been modified to make it easier to display weapons included in other Governor models.
– Update 4:
Due to the change of materials used, some part designs and molds have been updated or newly made.
The armor design of the collar part has been modified to be larger and more open compared to the previous model so as not to interfere with the range of motion of the neck.
The shape of the “Lightweight Blade” and “Gun Knife” has been modified to fit the newly sculpted Weapon Holding Hand. *There is no change to the weapons connected to the hand parts.
– Despite the model size being a total of 74mm, there are 26 joints that can be moved.
– The model is equipped with a connector on the back piece, which allows you to attach a “HEXA G-R.A.M System” and a variety of parts.
– Head A (Visor Type) x1
– Head B (Combat Helmet Type) x1
– Head C (Regular Face Type) x1
– Head C (Deception Repeater Type Only) x1
– Lightweight Blade x1
– Gun Knife x2
– Left and Right Wrist Parts (Lightweight Blade Holding, Gun Knife Holding, Open, New Weapon Holding, Closed)
– PVC HEXA G-R.A.M. x1
KOTOBUKIYA Company first began as a single toy store for dolls operated by Jusaburo Shimizu in 1947. In 1951, he re-created his sole proprietorship into a limited liability company, together with his two brothers.
While always continuing to focus on retail sales, KOTOBUKIYA first venture into original products as a model kit manufacturer began in 1983 with Armament, our first original model kit. This was followed in 1985 with King Godzilla, our very first licensed kit.
What really set apart KOTOBUKIYA from other model kit manufacturers was the acquisition of the model kit license for Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam THE-O mecha, the first time a company other than Bandai was able to release Gundam products!
Our first foray into the non-kit business was in May of 1989 with soft vinyl statues and the Active Styling Figures (today branded as ARTFX Statues). Since then, we have increased our lineup with fully assembled and painted resin statues (now known as KOTOBUKIYA Fine Art Statues), Action Figures, One Coin Mini Figures・nd more!
As a model kit manufacturer, we were always striving to further improve the material and detail and articulation of our kits. That level of commitment has continued throughout all product types that we have developed, and KOTOBUKIYA is renowned for our quality and dedication to craftsmanship.
In our retail stores, we hold annual sculpting and painting contests, which is judged by our in-house and other known sculptors and outside judges, including the editor-in-chief of Hobby Japan, the Japanese model magazine. The number of entries normally exceeds three hundred, with entrants from all over Japan. In fact, some of our in-house sculptors originated as entrants into the contest and other toy manufacturers have scouted many others!
Over the years, were attracted the attention of not only top artistic talents, but also the favor of publishers and licensors who wish to work with only the best the toy and collectible industry has to offer.
In October 2009, A highly capable USA team was formed to strengthen its marketing and product development capabilities for the US market. The team was named KOTOBUKIYA KREATIVE 3. K3’s members are well known as one of the most talented US sculptors and artists in the arena of collectible statues and toys.
Kotobukiya is a current manufacturer of licensed collectible products based on the following properties:
- Alien vs. Predator
- Anime Properties
- Dead or Alive
- Devil May Cry
- Indiana Jones
- Marvel Comics
- One Coin
- Pirates of the Carribbean
- Star Wars
- The Art of Shunya Yamashita