The equipment considered to be an “early type” of the Governor is supplied by a large range of companies due to its universality, and in many cases these units are available in a wide range of colors. The model type described here was developed for use in jungle environments. The backpack and supplies designed for use in small group or individual missions varies slightly by company, but there are few major differences. The small information terminal on the left arm is powered by the HEXA G-R.A.M. affixed to the unit’s back, and can access a variety of networks in order to obtain information about the region or connect to a Hexa Gear unit.
Early Governor Vol. 1 Equipment:
– Assault Rifle
– Bullpup Rifle
– Sub-Machine Gun
– Combat Knife
– Chest Rig
– Alice Pack
– This model is a color variation of Early Governor Vol. 1
– This model comes with a variety of military inspired parts allowing you to create a well-equipped soldier.
– The model comes with five head parts, including parts with shooting goggles and with or without helmets.
– The model comes with six types of newly designed hand parts and three types of hands from Pawn: A1 for a total of nine hand parts.
– The Alice Pack can be broken down in to parts, and each part is equipped with a 3mm opening or knob allowing you to connect them in a variety of places on the model.
– The combat knife and handgun can be stowed in the sheath and holster which can be attached to the model’s thighs.
– The head parts where the soldier’s face is visible are pre-painted.
– Early Governor Body x1
– 5 types of head parts x1 set
– 9 types of hand parts (six new types)
– Alice Pack x1 set
– Assault Rifle x1
– Sub-Machine Gun x1
– Handgun x1
– Holster (with the handgun stored) x1
– Holster (with the handgun drawn) x1
– Combat knife x1
– Knife sheath (with knife stowed) x1
– Knife sheath (with knife drawn) x1
KOTOBUKIYA Company first began as a single toy store for dolls operated by Jusaburo Shimizu in 1947. In 1951, he re-created his sole proprietorship into a limited liability company, together with his two brothers.
While always continuing to focus on retail sales, KOTOBUKIYA first venture into original products as a model kit manufacturer began in 1983 with Armament, our first original model kit. This was followed in 1985 with King Godzilla, our very first licensed kit.
What really set apart KOTOBUKIYA from other model kit manufacturers was the acquisition of the model kit license for Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam THE-O mecha, the first time a company other than Bandai was able to release Gundam products!
Our first foray into the non-kit business was in May of 1989 with soft vinyl statues and the Active Styling Figures (today branded as ARTFX Statues). Since then, we have increased our lineup with fully assembled and painted resin statues (now known as KOTOBUKIYA Fine Art Statues), Action Figures, One Coin Mini Figures・nd more!
As a model kit manufacturer, we were always striving to further improve the material and detail and articulation of our kits. That level of commitment has continued throughout all product types that we have developed, and KOTOBUKIYA is renowned for our quality and dedication to craftsmanship.
In our retail stores, we hold annual sculpting and painting contests, which is judged by our in-house and other known sculptors and outside judges, including the editor-in-chief of Hobby Japan, the Japanese model magazine. The number of entries normally exceeds three hundred, with entrants from all over Japan. In fact, some of our in-house sculptors originated as entrants into the contest and other toy manufacturers have scouted many others!
Over the years, were attracted the attention of not only top artistic talents, but also the favor of publishers and licensors who wish to work with only the best the toy and collectible industry has to offer.
In October 2009, A highly capable USA team was formed to strengthen its marketing and product development capabilities for the US market. The team was named KOTOBUKIYA KREATIVE 3. K3’s members are well known as one of the most talented US sculptors and artists in the arena of collectible statues and toys.
Kotobukiya is a current manufacturer of licensed collectible products based on the following properties:
- Alien vs. Predator
- Anime Properties
- Dead or Alive
- Devil May Cry
- Indiana Jones
- Marvel Comics
- One Coin
- Pirates of the Carribbean
- Star Wars
- The Art of Shunya Yamashita