Bulkarm a (alpha) was utilized for a variety of purposes in the conflict that broke out amongst rival corporations. In addition to the standard version of Bulkarm a that was widely used throughout the world, specialized versions of the machine were also created by third party developers. As its name suggests, this version of the model was designed for use in jungle environments, with handling designed to navigate dense jungle foliage. Instead of the 120 mm cannon of the standard Bulkarm a, this model is equipped with a folding howitzer, a small rifle, and an axe for clearing barriers. Another point of differentiation is the updated sensor unit on the model’s head.
– Folding Cannon
– Battle Axe
– Long Rifle
– This model is a color variation of Bulkarm a with alternate weapons. Instead of the 120mm cannon, this model includes an updated version of the out of production M.S.G. (Modeling Support Goods) Weapon Unit 05 Battle Axe and Long Rifle and Weapon Unit 03 Folding Cannon.
– The model’s cockpit can open and close, allowing you to place a separately sold governor unit inside.
– The folding cannon can be attached to various places on the model using the included HEXA G-R.A.M. poly cap.
– The folding cannon can be converted into a pile bunker by changing out some of the parts.
– The head sensor is pre-painted, giving the model a completed look with no painting required.
– The model features several points of articulation, allowing it to be posed in a variety of poses.
– Bulkarm a main body x1
– Battle Axe x1
– Long Rifle x1
– Folding Cannon x1
– HEXA G-R.A.M. poly cap x1
KOTOBUKIYA Company first began as a single toy store for dolls operated by Jusaburo Shimizu in 1947. In 1951, he re-created his sole proprietorship into a limited liability company, together with his two brothers.
While always continuing to focus on retail sales, KOTOBUKIYA first venture into original products as a model kit manufacturer began in 1983 with Armament, our first original model kit. This was followed in 1985 with King Godzilla, our very first licensed kit.
What really set apart KOTOBUKIYA from other model kit manufacturers was the acquisition of the model kit license for Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam THE-O mecha, the first time a company other than Bandai was able to release Gundam products!
Our first foray into the non-kit business was in May of 1989 with soft vinyl statues and the Active Styling Figures (today branded as ARTFX Statues). Since then, we have increased our lineup with fully assembled and painted resin statues (now known as KOTOBUKIYA Fine Art Statues), Action Figures, One Coin Mini Figures・nd more!
As a model kit manufacturer, we were always striving to further improve the material and detail and articulation of our kits. That level of commitment has continued throughout all product types that we have developed, and KOTOBUKIYA is renowned for our quality and dedication to craftsmanship.
In our retail stores, we hold annual sculpting and painting contests, which is judged by our in-house and other known sculptors and outside judges, including the editor-in-chief of Hobby Japan, the Japanese model magazine. The number of entries normally exceeds three hundred, with entrants from all over Japan. In fact, some of our in-house sculptors originated as entrants into the contest and other toy manufacturers have scouted many others!
Over the years, were attracted the attention of not only top artistic talents, but also the favor of publishers and licensors who wish to work with only the best the toy and collectible industry has to offer.
In October 2009, A highly capable USA team was formed to strengthen its marketing and product development capabilities for the US market. The team was named KOTOBUKIYA KREATIVE 3. K3’s members are well known as one of the most talented US sculptors and artists in the arena of collectible statues and toys.
Kotobukiya is a current manufacturer of licensed collectible products based on the following properties:
- Alien vs. Predator
- Anime Properties
- Dead or Alive
- Devil May Cry
- Indiana Jones
- Marvel Comics
- One Coin
- Pirates of the Carribbean
- Star Wars
- The Art of Shunya Yamashita