In a major collaboration between AZONE INTERNATIONAL and acus’ media franchise “Assault Lily” and Kotobukiya’s own original “Frame Arms Girl” series, FRAME ARMS GIRL Shiki Rokkaku is born!
NAOKI’s original collaborative design inspired the “Assault Lily” original creator Kenei Obazawa and illustrator Nan Yaegashi to create the overall design for the Shiki Rokkaku model kit!
– 3 different types of newly designed pre-painted face parts are included (front-facing, right-facing, and damaged).
– CHARM Tyrfing is included. Exchange parts to convert the blade part into either a sharp R-shape or a heavy and wide T-shape.
– Based on the design of “FRAME ARMS GIRL GOURAI-KAI Ver.2,” the hip joints, thighs, and skirt are all moveable.
– The thigh armor is connected through double ball joints, giving it a wider range of movement.
– The model includes five sets of updated PVC hand parts with ball joints.
– The kit includes decals for the eyes and other markings.
– The PVC hands are compatible with existing weapons from the M.S.G and Frame Arms series.
– The 3mm attachment points on each part are compatible with equipment from the M.S.G and Frame Arms series.
KOTOBUKIYA Company first began as a single toy store for dolls operated by Jusaburo Shimizu in 1947. In 1951, he re-created his sole proprietorship into a limited liability company, together with his two brothers.
While always continuing to focus on retail sales, KOTOBUKIYA first venture into original products as a model kit manufacturer began in 1983 with Armament, our first original model kit. This was followed in 1985 with King Godzilla, our very first licensed kit.
What really set apart KOTOBUKIYA from other model kit manufacturers was the acquisition of the model kit license for Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam THE-O mecha, the first time a company other than Bandai was able to release Gundam products!
Our first foray into the non-kit business was in May of 1989 with soft vinyl statues and the Active Styling Figures (today branded as ARTFX Statues). Since then, we have increased our lineup with fully assembled and painted resin statues (now known as KOTOBUKIYA Fine Art Statues), Action Figures, One Coin Mini Figures・nd more!
As a model kit manufacturer, we were always striving to further improve the material and detail and articulation of our kits. That level of commitment has continued throughout all product types that we have developed, and KOTOBUKIYA is renowned for our quality and dedication to craftsmanship.
In our retail stores, we hold annual sculpting and painting contests, which is judged by our in-house and other known sculptors and outside judges, including the editor-in-chief of Hobby Japan, the Japanese model magazine. The number of entries normally exceeds three hundred, with entrants from all over Japan. In fact, some of our in-house sculptors originated as entrants into the contest and other toy manufacturers have scouted many others!
Over the years, were attracted the attention of not only top artistic talents, but also the favor of publishers and licensors who wish to work with only the best the toy and collectible industry has to offer.
In October 2009, A highly capable USA team was formed to strengthen its marketing and product development capabilities for the US market. The team was named KOTOBUKIYA KREATIVE 3. K3’s members are well known as one of the most talented US sculptors and artists in the arena of collectible statues and toys.
Kotobukiya is a current manufacturer of licensed collectible products based on the following properties:
- Alien vs. Predator
- Anime Properties
- Dead or Alive
- Devil May Cry
- Indiana Jones
- Marvel Comics
- One Coin
- Pirates of the Carribbean
- Star Wars
- The Art of Shunya Yamashita