Boku no Hero Academia – Anime Review

Quirks_slider

Boku no Hero Academia Review by Animegami

A new season arrives and with it a lot of potentially interesting shows.

The story is set in the modern day, except people with special powers named Quirks have become common throughout the world.A boy named Izuku Midoriya has no powers, but he still dreams of becoming a hero one day.

Quirk is a special power someone can possess in Boku no Hero Academia. These Quirks are split into multiple types.

In this world 80% of people have a Quirk. Now that’s a pretty incredible number, but it’s also a number with a dark side to it. It leaves a large 20% of people without Quirk whatsoever. That’s almost a quarter of the population powerless.

My Hero Academia or Boku no Hero Academia is one of those potential-filled shows. We’ve had a lot of series with superheroes or powered up people, but this is a pretty good setup.

Izuku Midoriya

Izuku Midoriya is the main protagonist of Boku no Hero Academia. Although he was born without any super power (Quirk), he manages to catch the attention of the legendary hero All Might.

Izuku is a very timid and polite boy. Due to being bullied since childhood for being born without a Quirk, he is initially portrayed as insecure, being more reserved and not self expressive.

Izuku is also very diligent and strong willed. Since he greatly admires Heroes and has always aimed to be one, he has a habit of writing down in his notebooks all he knows about heroes and their quirks. He is a very caring person, and will never hesitate to rescue someone in danger, even if he knows he’s not strong enough.

Art

review_eating_9_10

The visuals in this anime are absolutely stunning, from the special powers effects to simple face to face talking and punching.

The animators have put in their best effort to bring out a ‘Comic Book’ like effect in the anime and it does not disapoint.

Bright colors, Flawless expressions, Background detailing and clothing! Its a full package

Bones Inc. often romanized as BONES in Japan, is a Japanese anime studio that is producing the art to My Hero Academia Anime.

Sound

review_eating_9_10

OSTs (Offial sound tracks) are insanely good and the first time I watched the opening it gave me goosebumps.
Openings and Ending credits are extremely well suited for the anime.

I will also mention that the background music in the fights are just a delight

On a final note the music is beautifully composed and matched very well with all the scenes.

The background music and soundtracks provide the viewer with all the emotion fitting the scene its being played.

Character

review_eating_9_10

Characters are great, they all fit perfectly to the plot leaving few unnoticed.

Each one is unique in their own way and always extremely detailed, be it a main character or a side character.

Their personalities are extremely well suited, if you are an anime fan surely you will be able to relate these characters to some animes characters that you were a fan of

Its an amazing plot of characters that are making a really interesting development through the story

Enjoyment

review_eating_9_10

Boku no Hero Academia is truly enjoyable anime.

Each episode ends with a satisfying feeling and a few cliffhangers.

Has a good touch of laughter, drama and above all the fights are just insanely well executed.

There is a constant wow factor going on. This anime might be the bright future of Shonen World.

Overall

The anime is great for people starting to watch anime and even for those who have watched hundreds of titles of anime.

Boku no Hero Academia is an amazing anime with a unique art and plot.It explores the passion of youth. The passion of “What could I be when I grow up?!” and “I can be anything if I so choose!” without regard for the what-ifs that adults become so accustom to.

Boku No Hero Academia is an incredible series in it’s infancy and hasn’t even reached the end of its first season. Now is the perfect time to get into the series 🙂

If you are here looking for something similar or close enough to boku no hero academia, well I might just have a few options for you

One Punch Man

Hunter x Hunter 2011

One Piece

Bleach

Naruto

Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

Carlos Airosa

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *